Target is an American department store chain. It has been known for its affordable clothing and other products. Target operates under three divisions:
– Home & Gifts
– Health & Beauty
– Food & Drug Store.
Target also provides a wide array of services like Target REDcard® and Target Guest Reward Visa® program.
Does Target take Apple Pay?
Yes, Target has been accepting Apple Pay for making payments since January 2019 in every store across the US. You can even go to Target online to purchase using Apple Pay on the go.
How to use Apple Pay at Target?
- The first step is to download the ‘Target’ app from the app store if you don’t already have it. Then, search for ‘Target’ and select ‘Shop Now.’
- Now, press the ‘+’ icon on the top right corner, and you will get a screen asking you to select from any of the services offered by Target.
- Select ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’, and you will see an option to add a new card.
- Select the desired payment option, add your selected card details, and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Verify your card details and press ‘Add Card.’
- Wait for your card to be approved/verified and then press ‘Continue’ to make the payment.
- Make sure your phone is unlocked and you are on a clear view of the sensor while you are trying to make the payment.
- If your phone is locked, you will get a message telling you to unlock your phone.
- If your phone has a fingerprint reader, then you will get a prompt asking you to place your finger on the sensor.
- If you are entering your password, then you will get a prompt asking you to unlock your device.
Do I need a new card or my existing card will work?
You don’t need to create a new card for Apple Pay. The same card can be used with Apple Pay as well as the debit card. You can use the same card as your normal debit card.
Is the amount of credit limit different from Target?
Yes, the amount of credit limit is higher than what you normally get in Target. This is because Apple Pay uses the same card number as your bank card.
Benefits of using Apple Pay at Target Stores
- The card that you use for the Apple Pay is a virtual card. So, there is no need for a physical card or PIN to make the payments.
- The transactions are secure, as the data is protected with strong encryption.
- Apple Pay uses the same card for the Apple Pay and Target, and not a separate card.
- You can make a quick and easy payment at any Target location. You can even make payments through your mobile or tablet.
Other Payment Options at Target Stores
Target does not accept the American Express card at present.
Customers who shop in Target often receive rewards and discounts via Target REDcard.
You can add Target as a gift card provider in your iOS Wallet to make it easier to make payments.
Now you know how to make payments at Target using Apple Pay.
Apple Pay is a great way to make payments, as you won’t have to carry multiple cards and PINs.
You can save money and time as compared to traditional payments using cash or cards.
It’s a convenient and easy way to pay for your purchases.
Target is the largest retailer in the United States and a trusted name for years.