While browsing the web the error message err_connection_closed chrome is the common issue in the system / computer. There are many reasons to get this issue and we are here to help you out with the best solutions to Fix ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED Error in Google Chrome. Before we go with the solutions, initially we will know about err_connection_closed, next about causes of Err_Connection_Closed, and lastly we will know all the possible solutions to fix the issue completely.
Err_connection_closed mac, Windows 10 / 8 / 7 error message encounters on various operating system platforms of chrome browser when you try to open a website or something related to some other issues. This is the way of chrome to inform user about data transfer interruption. Here, the data transferring is important for chrome to establish the necessary connection. To be more precise to the point the server and browser connection is closed due to many reasons and we will know in detail about the causes / reasons of the issue.
Causes Of Err_Connection_Closed
You may already know that the err_connection_closed is not only issue caused due to internet connection and many things come into frame. Below given are some of the issues that results in err_connection_closed.
- You may encounter with Err_connection_closed chrome Windows 10 / 8 / 7 after upgrading operating system or installing software updates. If you have recently upgraded your system OS or installed any latest update. You may face the issue on your Google chrome browser, even if the browser has no issues before.
- In case, if your system has changed the data and time also results in the Err_connection_closed Windows 10. To avoid this situation, you have to look after the date and time of your system whenever you faces this situation. You have to update time, date and restart the system to avoid this situation. If this is not the reason, some of the other reasons given in the list may be the cause of the issue.
- If your system chrome browser settings are changed, you will end up with Err_connection_closed and sometimes err_connection_reset. To get out of this situation, you have to reset the chrome browser settings and restore to defaults. In most of the cases, resetting chrome browser settings will fix the issue.
- In case, if your system is having a non – verified Google chrome browser this will result in the error message. This will occur due to downloading the chrome browser from unreliable sites or through third party websites. Downloading the software from unknown websites is extremely dangerous this will cause many errors and is infectious to your system. In case, if you are using the chrome browser on downloading from third party websites immediately uninstall it and scan your system for malware / virus before downloading the chrome browser from official website. Copy – paste the below link in other browsers to get reliable and trustworthy chrome browser.
- If the website server is temporarily unavailable or inaccessible due to some other reasons will result in Net::Err_Connection_Closed.
- In some of the cases, if the internet connection server is disconnected, you will end up with Err_connection_closed.
Before trying the solutions, you can do follow below simple tips to Fix ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED Error in Google Chrome. In some of the cases, these simple tips will help you to fix the issue.
- Restart your computer, if the error is due to some of the internal problem due to not lading all the chrome or internet files completely will get fixed on restarting.
- Check your internet connection wires and restart the modem / device through which internet is connected to the system / computer.
- Disable your antivirus and firewall of your system. Because some of the harmful websites get blocked and will result in the issue. To avoid this situation, disable antivirus, firewall and try again. Hope this helps to fix the issue related to website. If you are not sure about the process look into the solutions for complete step by step procedure.
Note: If you have tried all the above tips and still facing the issue try below solutions to Fix ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED Error in Google Chrome with easy and simple steps for better understanding.
Fix ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED Error in Google Chrome
In addition to solutions to Fix ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED Error in Google Chrome, the other related solutions also helped to solve the issue. However, the each fix didn’t give much information why the issue is caused and why it get resolved. But, overall the solutions helped to Fix ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED Error in Google Chrome. Follow one by one solution to find the solution that fixes your issue completely.
1. Reset TCP / IP or Network Settings & Flush DNS
As most of the times, the issue is related to the internet connection. Our first Fix ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED Error in Google Chrome is resetting network settings. The errors in TCP / IP setup will cause the issue and on resetting those to their original state. Here, the problem related to network will get fixed.
- Go to start button, search for command prompt or cmd on the search field.
- If you find command prompt (admin) click on it else right – click on command prompt. From the drop down list, select run as administrator option.
- A new window of command prompt with administrative privileges opens, start typing the below command and click on enter button after each command.
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset
- After successful completion of the above process, restart your computer. Now try to perform the before process which got the error. Hopefully, the issue will get fixed, if the problem is due to network settings.
2. Remove VPN Connections And Disable Proxy Server
VPN connection and proxy server are primarily involved in the process of data transfer. This may result in err_connection_closed or err_connection_-reset error message.If you are using those you have to disable them to test and to check either of them are causing the error. This is one of the best Fix ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED Error in Google Chrome to solve the issue.
- Go to start menu and search for control panel or settings and click on it.
- A new window opens, click on network and internet, as shown in the figure.
- Now, on the next screen, click on internet options.
- A new pop – up windows open, navigate to connections and initially select VPN. Next, click on remove button. If you don’t find VPN move on to the next solution.
- After completion of it, move on to LAN settings option on the same pop – up window and click on it.
- Now, under proxy server, clear the check box of use a proxy server for your LAN option. Finally, click on ok button.
- Finally, click on apply and ok button on the other opened window.You have successfully deactivated the configured proxy.
- If the above things are fine as the given steps, you can skip this step and move on to the next solution.
3. Clear Chrome Browser Cache
In some of the instances cache of the google chrome browser is the reason to get error and this solution will help to Fix ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED Error in Google Chrome. Follow below steps to clear chrome browser cache.
- Open Google chrome browser.
- Simultaneously, click on ctrl + H keys from the keyboard.
- A new tab of history opens as shown in the figure.
- Now, on the left corner of windows, you can see list of options, and from the list select clear browsing data option.
- A pop – up window of clear browsing data under settings opens.
- Click on the advanced option.
- Here, on the time range click on the down arrow and from the drop down list, select All time option.
- Look whether all the options are check marked or not. After up – ticking all the options given on the clear browsing data window.
- Finally, click on clear data option. In case of doubt look at the image for better clarification.
- Now, close the chrome browser and re – open it. Later, try to open the website that causing the error, most probably the website should be opened without throwing any ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED Error in Google Chrome.
4. Delete Chrome Extensions
Chrome extensions enhances the functionality of your Google Chrome browser. In chrome store there are availability of many free extensions. In case, if you install incompatible extensions in your browser then that cause ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED Error.
Follow below steps to Delete Chrome Extensions
- Copy and paste the URL in your browse.
- If you think the extensions are useful just disable them to enable when you require them.
- Here, if you find the malicious or useless extensions then delete them completely.
- Now, do the work which causing the error ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED and hope this resolved the issue.
5. Reset Settings: Google Chrome
In some of the cases, resetting chrome settings sets browser settings to the start and this clears the error ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED.
- Go to the below given link to navigate to the chrome settings window directly.
- Tap on reset settings to their original defaults option.
- On the pop – up window, click on the reset settings options.
- With in few seconds all the chrome settings are reset to default.
- Now, try the work which caused you the error, most of the time the issue related to settings change gets rectified.
6. Update Google Chrome
The outdated Google Chrome also causes the ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED error. To resolve the issue due to it, you have to update or upgrade your Google Chrome browser.
- Go the menu section on the home screen, if your browser has any upgrades you can see it as the first option.
- Navigate to the upgrade page, on following below link.
- You can see the upgrade’s here and all the information related to the browser like version.
Closing Thoughts: ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED Error
Hope the above solutions helped you to resolve the issues related to ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED Error. Still, facing any issues or has any more queries, get in touch in the comments section. We are always happy to help you.