Windows 10 allows the user to install any programs and applications of choice. This can be done using EXE files made for installing applications in Windows. While you can easily install a program using such EXE files, one might get errors while doing so. One such error that users face while using Windows Installer is Error Code 2755. And this error interrupts the installation process which can be quite frustrating. If you’re also facing this issue in your Windows 10 PC then this article is just for you. We have included multiple possible solutions that you can use to Fix Error Code 2755 Windows Installer.
What causes Error Code 2755 and How to Fix it?
In case you’re having the Error Code 2755 issue with the Windows Installer in your computer, it can be caused due to multiple possible reasons. The most common causes of this error are things like access permissions in Windows. If the Windows Installer is not able to access the installation files, it might show you the Error Code 2755 and terminate the installation process. Therefore if you’re also facing this issue in your Windows PC computer, make sure to go through all of the given fixes:
Solution 1: Decrypt the Installation File in Windows 10
Windows 10 allows the user to encrypt all the files stored on a computer for enhanced protection. While this feature is quite useful for sensitive information and data stored in your PC, the same cannot be said for installation files. If you’ve encrypted an installer file in Windows, chances are that you will face issues while installing it including the Error Code 2755. Therefore, if you are experiencing issues while installing programs, make sure that the installer file is decrypted by following these instructions:
- First, right-click on the installer file and go into its Properties.
- In here, select Advanced from the General tab.
- After that, uncheck the Encrypt contents to secure data option which will decrypt the installer file. This will fix the Error Code 2755 while installing programs in Windows 10.
Allow Access to Installation File for your User
For security purposes, in Windows 10 you can restrict the file access of a file to the different users in your computer. This feature is quite useful when you don’t want other users of your computer to access your files. But if the installation file is not accessible to your user account, you will not be able to install the program. And it will show you the Error Code 2755 as it is not able to access the installation file. In such a case you have to allow access to the installation file for your user account as shown in the given steps:
- To open file permission in Windows 10, right-click on the installation file and select Properties.
- Now, go into the Security tab and select Edit next to the “To change permissions, click Edit” option.
- After this, a new window will open on your Windows where you have to select Authenticated Users and click on the Add button.
- In here, type SYSTEM under “Enter the object names to select” option and click on Check Names and select OK.
- Once this is done, reboot your computer and try installing the program once again.
Scan and Fix Corrupted Files using CHKDSK and SFC Commands
Things like the Windows Installer require system files for proper functioning. And if due to some reason, these files are missing or corrupted, you might face the Error Code 2755. Thankfully, in Windows 10 the user can easily scan fix such corrupted system files using the Command Prompt. This can be done by using the CHKDSK and SFC commands followed by a reboot. And if the Windows Installer was having issues due to corrupted files, this will fix the issue. You can run the CHKDSK and SFC commands in Command Prompt as shown here:
- First, open Windows Run by pressing Windows Key and R on your keyboard at the same time.
- Inside the Run window, type CMD and press Enter which will open Command Prompt in your computer.
- After that, type CHKDSK C: /F /R followed by an Enter. Doing so will initiate the scan process for system files of your Windows 10 PC.
- Now, enter SFC /scannow as a command inside Command prompt by typing it and pressing Enter.
- Once you’ve entered these two commands, all of the system files in your computer will be scanned and fixed. This can help in getting rid of the Error Code 2755 in Windows Installer.
Windows Installer Service Startup in Windows 10
Just like most programs in Windows 10, the Windows Installer also has a service which runs in the background for its proper functioning. This service is very important when you are installing programs on your computer. And if due to some reason it is not running in the background while you are using the Windows Installer you might face the Error Code 2755. To fix this issue you have to simply start the Windows Installer Service which will ensure that it is properly functioning in the background when you are installing programs. In order to enable it, you have to go into Services in Windows 10 as shown in the given steps:
- Press Windows Key + R on your keyboard to open Run.
- In here, type services.msc which will open the Services windows on your computer.
- After that look for Windows Installer and double-click on it to open its properties.
- Now, using the buttons present in the lower section of the window, click on Start which will start this service in the background after some time.
- Finally, click on OK to save your settings and try installing the program now and check whether the Error Code 2755 has been fixed.
We hope that you’ve successfully fixed the Error Code 2755 in Windows Installer in your Windows 10 PC. We are pretty sure that at least one of the fixed mentioned above has worked for you and you’re not facing the Windows Installer Error Code 2755 error on your computer. In case you liked this article, then make sure to share it on social media. If you have any doubts regarding any of the solutions, feel free to ask any queries in the comments section below.