We are here to help you out to fix FFXIV unable to download patch files error issues encountered on your system. In this case, you will be unable to run certain operations or demands on the system without these patch files. You will face this issue while installing or updating final fantasy XIV and due to this issue you will be unable to download patch files . Before uninstalling the application follow below solutions to solve the issue permanently and to fix FFXIV unable to download patch files PC.
However, this FFXIV update failed or install or reinstall error is not the simple issue and square Enix is not providing the exact solutions to fix it. Final Fantasy XIV is the engaging game and some people are facing technical issues and are unable to play it. finally, we are providing the causes and solutions to the issues fix FFXIV unable to download patch files FFXIV PS4 stormblood.
Causes: FFXIV Unable To Download Patch Files 
- Unable to download patch files of FFXIV may cause due to the VPN server error.
- In some of the cases, malware present in your system may corrupt the FFXIV files and it causes the error.
- If you have changed your firewall settings recently then that also causes the issue.
- The IP address you are using is not registered to download the file type of FFXIV. You have to contact the internet connection service provider to fix these type of issues.
- The security options in the browser also block the file download of this type of files.
- Update your Windows or router or the PS4 because for people on updating the system has fixed the bugs and downloaded FFXIV patch files.
How To Fix FFXIV Unable To Download Patch Files
Try below methods to get rid-off the ffxiv unable to download patch files PC.
1. Disable AntiVirus Software
If you have any active antivirus software in your system, disable it and try to download patch files again. Hope this solutions helps to fix the issue.
- Locate the antivirus software icon on your system.
- Right-click on the antivirus software icon.
- You can see option like stop, disable, shut down or something similar to it. The disable option varies according to the antivirus software you are using in your system.
- Select the option that is similar to disable option. This helps to disable the antivirus program.
- After completion of downloading patch files, follow the above steps and enable antivirus presents at the same position of disable, click on it.
2. Use VPN
Using VPN is the best worked solution for most of the people who are downloading or updating or reinstalling FFXIV.
- Initially, search for the VPN application or software in the browser, for your computer.
- Download and install the VPN application in your computer.
- Setup the VPN service and connect to a VPN server.
- After completion of all the above process, download the patch files of FFXIV. Hope this solution helps to download FFXIV in your system.
3. Change DNS Server
We have found that DNS server changing has worked for most of the people and it helped to download patch files without any error.
- Firstly, click Windows + R key simultaneously on the keyboard. The run window opens.
- Type ncpa.cpl and press ok or enter button.
- Next, right-click on your internet connection icon that you are currently connected to your system and from the list select properties.
- As shown in the figure, search and double-click on the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPV4).
- On the pop-up windows, click on use the following DNS server addresses. Enter 22.214.171.124 in the preferred server option. Next, enter 126.96.36.199 in the alternate DNS server option.
- Up-tick the validate settings upon exit option.
- Finally, click on OK button.
- Next, click on Windows key and search for cmd. Right-click on cmd and from the drop down list select run as administrator option.
- Enter ipconfig /flushdns and click on enter button
- Follow the command ipconfig /release and press the enter button.
- Next, enter ipconfig /renew and click on enter button.
- After successfull execution of all the commands, close the command prompt window.
- Hopefully, the problem should be fixed and you should be able to download the patch files without any error.
- If the problem still persists, follow the above steps but in the place of 188.8.131.52 enter 184.108.40.206.
- In the place of 220.127.116.11 enter 18.104.22.168
- Remaining, you follow the same procedure and run cmd. Hope, this change of DNS will help to fix the issue without any error.
4. Disable Firewall Settings
In case, you have disabled antivirus, firewall settings also should be disabled to download FFXIV patch files without any error. Sometimes, firewall settings also blocks files related to FFXIV. After completion of the download, enable the firewall settings to protect your computer from malware.
- Click on Windows + R simultaneously.
- Type firewall.cpl and click on ok or enter button from the keyboard.
- On the new pop-up window, click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off option as shown in the figure.
- You will direct to the next screen, there select Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) option as shown in the figure.
- After turning off both the firewall settings options, click on ok button to confirm.
- Now, try to download Final Fantasy XIV patch files. Hope, this process helps you t fix the issue without requiring any other solution.
5. Delete FFXIV Folder
If you are updating or reinstalling Final Fantasy 14 game, this procedure helps to fix the error. Follow the below given steps to delete FFXIV game folder successfully.
- Simultaneously click on Windows key + E. This command opens the file explorer of your system.
- Search and select Documents folder from the list of folders.
- On the next screen, select My Games folder.
- Double click on the folder Final Fantasy XIV.
- Next, double click on downloads.
- Here, select the folder patch.
- In the folder of patch, search for the file 4e9a232b and right click on it. From the dropped list, select delete and confirm or select ok for any additional pop-up dialogue boxes.
- After completion of deleting the file, try to download the patch files keeping the steam in offline mode. Hopefully, the problem is resolved completely.
- Update your Windows system, because some the programs in your Windows system is causing the error. So, to fix these type of issues updating your Windows is the best solution.
- If you are downloading the FFXIV game using any of the browser, check the browser for security settings. Some of the browsers have issues with the games files like FFXIV. If your turn-off the security settings, you can easily download the files.
- In some of the cases uninstalling and reinstalling the FFXIV will fix the error. Due to missing some of the files, you may get this error. To avoid this situation, uninstall completely and then reinstall.
We have provided possible solutions to Fix FFXIV Unable To Download Patch Files. If you still face any issue or in case you have any queries regarding the solution, connect with us in the comment section. We are always happy to help you.