IMVU (Instant Messaging Virtual Universe) is a game in the genre of “life simulator” with its own social network. It has its official website (imvu.com) and a game client for PC. It was first introduced on the Web on April 15, 2004, distributed free of charge. It is a very popular social media platform with over 100 million people play in IMVU. Its web portal receives about 10 million unique visitors per month. Game participants use 3D avatars to chat, meet new people from all over the world, and participate in mini-games.
Plus, in the amazing online space of this project, virtual heroes are completely subject to life’s realities. In IMVU you can get married, adopt children, flirt, make romantic acquaintances. And you are also able to change as well as improve the image of your avatar by buying/creating clothes, shoes for it. Ladies are given a wide selection of makeup options for the same reason. Outfits for your avatar can be bought in “local” boutiques, as well as from other players.
How to Register on IMVU?
1. Standard Method
1. In the address bar of the browser (Chrome/Firefox), type “imvu.com” and then press the “Enter” key.
2. Click on the “Get Started” button.
3. On the next page, select your hero or heroine. In the “Female” or “Male” panel, click on the portrait you like (the 3D avatar will immediately appear in full height in the middle of the page).
4. In space “Name” on the right-side panel, Enter the name of your avatar. (You can then use it as a login for authorization in the game).
5. If “Taken! Try one of these ” message pops up on your screen, then someone is using the name you specified and you need to enter another option or uniquely identify the one already specified in the line (for example: add a word or a letter to the name). You can also use the logins generated by the service displayed in the additional panel. They are compiled based on the username.
6. Create a complex password of at least 8 characters, consisting of lowercase and uppercase letters, numbers and special characters (%,?). Then enter it in the next two fields of the form.
7. Provide your email address.
8. In the drop-down lists of the “Date of Birth” block, set the date of your birth – month/day/year.
9. Verify the given captcha to finish the form.
10. Click on the “Create IMVU Account” button.
2. Through Social Media Account
1. On the main page of the website, above the “Choose your free avatar” button, use the “left” and “right” arrows to scroll through the list of available social networks.
2. Click the icon of the social network that you want to use for registration.
3. Log in to your social network profile (the form will open in an additional window).
4. In the request message, allow the game service to access the personal page data (for example, For Facebook, click the “Allow” option).
5. In the registration form, enter an e-mail, date of birth and click on the link “Create IMVU account”
1. Upon completion of the profile creation, go to your mail inbox.
2. You must have received an e-mail from IMVU.com by now. Open that mail.
3. Click on the link “Confirm My Address”.
4. When verification is complete, the message “Email Verified Successfully” will appear.
3. Through Client Installation
1. When you first enter the game profile, you will see an invitation to install the game. Click the “Download IMVU now!” link to start downloading the distribution package to your computer.
2. You can also go to the download page through the “Download” section in the top menu of the site.
3. Once the download is complete, run the installer.
4. Wait for the client to finish downloading (it will take about 5 minutes).
5. Click “Install” in the next window.
6. At the end of the installation, in the panel that opens, type the email or the name of the avatar in the first line, and the password in the second. Click “Login” to enter the game.
7. If you registered through the social network, click the icon of the service you are using at the top of the authorization panel.
Once you are in the game, you will notice that the “settings” option is located at the top right. From here, you can customize your client settings according to your requirements, Such as:
- Portrait and name – Avatar Panel (personal data, statistics)
- Credits – The amount of game currency in the profile account
- Settings – Account settings
- Help – Help, and FAQs
- Sign Out – Exit from the account.
How to Change the Password?
To change the password of your IMVU account, follow the steps given below:
1. Log-in to the site using your user id and password.
2. On the top of the page, click the “Account” option.
3. After that, click on the “Change password” link.
4. In the form that opens, enter the current password and two times a new one.
5. Click on the window in the “I’m not a robot” block to verify the captcha.
6. Click on the “Change Password” command.
How To Delete Your IMVU Account
To delete your IMVU account, follow the steps given below:
- Log in to the game website.
- Open a new tab in the web browser.
- Paste in the address bar “http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_delete_account.php” and press “Enter”.
- Put your password to enter the profile.
- Click “Continue”.
- After the successful deletion of your account, you will receive the following alert:
- That’s it. You have successfully deleted your IMVU account.