Unless the website owner prescribes the last updated information, you can’t find the exact information of the last update. But, don’t worry you can try some of the below solutions under How To Find Out When A Website Was Last Updated Chrome to know the precise updated date of the website.
Usage of Website Last Modified Date
Every article on the website will have two dates one is published date and other is updated / modified date. The updated / modified date is more important to know whether the published information is up to date or not. For example, if you are looking after the information for the steps to upgrade a software. In case, if the information is not up to date, you will waste more time looking on the page which is not having exact information. Because, as the software information varies time to time and steps may vary. In some of the cases, you may make more problems to your devices on following the steps which are not up to date and you will fall into dilemma of what to do next. To avoid all these unwanted situations knowing the modified / updated date of your website is the best way.
How To Find Out When A Website Was Last Updated Chrome
In some of the web articles, the published date is only visible and there is no updated / modified date. This will make you more confused and will unable to make a decision to continue to the article or not and in some cases you will miss the important content as it may be the best article that containing required information for you. So try the below solutions of How To Find Out When A Website Was Last Updated Chrome to know the last updated date of the article / web page.
1. View Source Page
Actually, for some of the article, you can find the updated date on their web page itself. To look after the updated date follow the below process. This is having the website last updated html code, so that you can know the updated date with ease.
- Go to the web page for which you have to check the updated date.
- Right click on it and from the list of options select view page source option.
- A new tab opens, if the web page has a updated date, you can see it under one of the <meta> tag or within one of the <head> … </head> sections.
- For easy search, click ctrl + F keys from the keyboard simultaneously.
- A pop – up small box opens, now search for keywords like Updated or modify or date or time one after the other. If there is any modified / updated date in the source code you can get the date on using any of the keywords.
Note: This takes little time and you need to have patience to find out when website was last updated.
2. Using Google Search
The google search engine page will display the date of published or updated of the web page. Here, the date shown on the google search will be same as the updated date of the website. If the website is showing an old date then the web page is not updated after publishing. This is one of the easy way out of all the solutions in How To Find Out When A Website Was Last Updated Chrome. To check the last modified date website follow below steps.
- Type the website url on the Google search engine same as shown below.
inurl:website.com/page-url/ —-> The inurl: must be common for any website, the rest website.com/page-url/ is your preferred website.
- Now go to browser’s address bar and add &as_qdr=y15 at the end of url as shown in the figure.
- Now, click on enter button.
- Here, you will see the date showing under websites meta description of search results. The date shown on the search result is almost similar to the last modified date of the website.
3. Command URL
- Initially, open the website in your Google chrome website.
- Later the pop – up message shows you the date of the website. Most of the times this would be modified date of the web page. If this doesn’t work for you move on to the next solution.
4. RSS Feeds
Do you know that if the website offers RSS feed contains the information regarding published date in the XML file. For most of the websites, there will be an index.xml file that contains all the information regarding update date of the website. But, the issue with this solution is that you have to check the website manually.
- Go to the website that you want to check for the updated date.
- For example, www.sitename.com
- Next, you have use the site as shown below
——–> www.sitename.com/index.xml — use your preferred website name and the index.xml is common for any website.
- Finally, click on enter button.
- Now, click ctrl + F keys simultaneously from the keyboard. search for keywords like updated date or date to know the updated / modified date of the website or web page.
5. Google Cache
Google cache is one of the best way to check when Google had last crawled the website. The last crawl of the website also show case the last update date of the website. This is one of the most used solution of How To Find Out When A Website Was Last Updated Chrome to find the updated date. Follow the below steps to know the last crawl on the website by Google.
- Use the website name instead of highlighted part to know the updated / modified date of the website.
- After entering the correct details as shown in the above url, press the enter button. Look at the below figure for your confirmation and better understanding about the process.
Note: As there is no specific time range to show Google cache, you can access them at any time. This will show the pop – up screenshot of the time and date of the web page in the Google’s cache.
6. Internet Archive
Using archive website, you can get the precise date of the website. The internet archive is also known as wayback machine. You may not get the exact updated date of the website but gives you the precise updated date. This option gives you when the website is visited or crawled or logged on the page. To be real, it won’t provide you the exact modified or updated date. This is one of the way of how to find out when a website was last accessed and one of the solution for How To Find Out When A Website Was Last Updated Chrome.
- Go to the below given link
- On the opened page, copy – paste the website link and click on browse history button as shown in the figure.
- You will get the approximate time of the website, so you can make a rough idea of the updated or modified date of the web page or article.
7. Website Last Updated Checker
There are many ways to get the updated or modified date of a website and this is one of the best one out of them all. The modified time checker website tool will help you to find the updated date of your preferred website with ease in few seconds. This is also one of the easiest way to check the updated date out of all the solutions in How To Find Out When A Website Was Last Updated Chrome. On following the below given steps use the visiospark website last updated time to get modified time.
- Initially, go to the website given below on your browser. Either copy – paste or can type exactly what is shown below to get access of the website.
- Enter the url that you want to check the last updated or modified date.
- Fill the captcha for verification and click on go button.
- After few seconds, you will get the results in the form of a table.
- There is an option to export the results, click on the export button.
8. Source And Context Clues
You have to look after the website url as some of the website web pages will have the date they are created. For example, the web page will be as shown below.
The source clue almost gives you the page created but not the page updated but you can assume how old the page is? So, however the source clue will definitely helps you to assume when the web page is created and after which the website can be updated.
Look after the page context clues to know when the web page is created. The comments on the page will vaguely gives you the date of the page created. Some of the website will have the information like 2 years ago, or 2 months ago or 1 week ago.The any of the information gives the vague information of the website. This solution is well know for most of the people out of all the solutions of How To Find Out When A Website Was Last Updated Chrome.
9. Contact Website Owner
If non of the above solutions worked out and knowing the updated date of the web page is very important for you. Then contacting the website owner is the best and last option you can try to get the required modified date of the website. Contact the website owner through email or contact number to get in touch with the website owner. If the website owner is often sees and replies to the emails. Most often there is a chance to get the modified date of the website.
In case, if you have contacted through customer care number be sure to give genuine answer why you require modified date, if the concerned hearer finds the answer appropriate and reasonable will surely help you out. But, if the website is too old then there are less chances to get the reply or it’s hard to reach them out. Because the contact source will not be in the working condition or there is no person who looks after the emails or the person will neglect your emails. For most of the people this is not be the important solution to use out of all the solutions in How To Find Out When A Website Was Last Updated Chrome solutions list.
We hope that the above provided information and How To Find Out When A Website Was Last Updated Chrome solutions helped to get the information you require. If you still have any queries or else struck up at any of the solution, write to us in the comment section. We will get back to you at the earliest possible to solve your queries. Do you find the information is useful then share it with your friends. In case, if you have any queries related to the issues you are facing with your devices then let us know them in the comment section. We will give you the best solutions for the issues you are facing.